The Japanese bombed the mess out of us on this day. Today, we are respected and cooperative allies. Did you ever wonder how it changed so drastically?
Thursday, November 24, 2016
Friday, November 11, 2016
We should probably do this EVERY day, because they live with what they experienced every day. Our Veterans served our country in a way the rest of us haven't, but we all benefit from their courage, strength, commitment and sacrifice. And a special Thank You to the families of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice of their lives. God Bless Our Veterans!
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Monday, October 31, 2016
Friday, October 7, 2016
One of the most disheartening experiences is to find flooding or extreme water damage to your treasured home.
At Ruzicka Insurance Services, we know you want to protect what’s important. That’s why we’re offering these tips to help you prevent many of the most common causes of water damage.
Just a little time and some effort can prevent a lot of heartache and hassle.
- Make sure your water pressure is not set too high. For just $6 or so, you can purchase a gauge that will help you test your pressure for the appropriate level, which should be set between 60 and 80 PSI.
- Standard hoses on new appliances are not as durable as they used to be. So check your appliances. If they’re rubber, either replace them with longer lasting stainless steel braided hoses or replace them every three years.
- Keep water from leaking into the walls or floor of your bathroom by replacing cracked tiles and re-grouting when it’s needed.
- Examine the shingles on your roof. Worn, curled or missing shingles allow water in, so replace them as soon as noticed.
- Consider buying a water alarm, which can help you find leaks, or automatic shut-off mechanisms, which can help avoid bursts.
- A lot of water damage occurs when you and your family are away from home. Make a practice to avoid running the washing machine or dishwasher while you’re out.
- When you leave for vacations, turn off the water supply to appliances.
- Keep up maintenance on all appliance hoses, because slow leaks from worn out hoses can cause major damage (and they are not covered under Homeowners insurance).
At Ruzicka Insurance Services, we hope these pointers will ensure your house stays nice and dry this year!
At Ruzicka Insurance Services, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at 281-565-7550 or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org . We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Content provided by Safeco Insurance
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Many auto insurance policies these days cover damage to your car with quality replacement parts. This usually means secondary or after-market parts that are like kind and quality. However, some companies offer an option to upgrade to Original Equipment Manufacturer parts - the parts offered by the maker of the car. If you are concerned about that, ask for it. The extra cost might be worth it to you.