- Stay calm. Those who depend on you will appreciate that.
- Protect yourself and your family.
- Take steps to protect from further damage, if it is safe to do so and you can accomplish that without going out in bad weather.
- Move furniture if possible.
- Try to clean up standing water with towels, wet/dry vac, steam cleaner, etc.
- Take pictures of damage, and water levels outside your home.
- Call us if you are unsure of how to proceed.
- Water rising from the street/yard is flooding. That will be covered by flood insurance. It is not covered by homeowners insurance.
- Water leaking from the roof, ceiling, windows, doors, etc, may be covered by your homeowners insurance depending upon cause, location of entry, and the specifics of your policy. It doesn't hurt to ask us, or your agent.
- If you don't have flood insurance, this might cause you to realize that might be a good choice. Let us know if we can help.
Monday, January 9, 2012
If you have storm damage from today's severe weather in the Greater Houston area, here are some tips.